Vicodin 5-500 mg
$533.00 – $1,507.00
Vicodin is a combination of a narcotic analgesic drug called Hydrocodone and a non-narcotic analgesic drug named Acetaminophen used to relieve moderate to severe pain. It belongs to the class of narcotic analgesics. The Vicodin 5-500 mg tablet is supplied as a white tablet with ‘VICODIN’ inscribed on one side. It is elliptical or oval and it contains a dosage of 500 mg with 5 mg. Apart from the 5-500 mg variant of Vicodin, there is another popular variant called Vicodin 5-500 mg.
|Variation||Price||Quantity||Add To Cart|
|360 pills||$1,507.00||Add to cart|
|180 pills||$908.00||Add to cart|
|90 pills||$533.00||Add to cart|
Vicodin 5-500 mg is a prescription pain reliever. Each tablet contains hydrocodone and acetaminophen drugs. As we know Hydrocodone is an opioid, it interacts with the opioid receptors in an individual’s brain and blocks pain perception. Whereas Acetaminophen drug is an over-the-counter pain reliever that promotes the effects of Hydrocodone.
Vicodin 5-500 mg medicine is also known to activate the brain’s reward regions, causing euphoric sensations. Doctors may prescribe Vicodin to treat mild to severe pain. Sometimes, physicians even recommend Vicodin 5-500 mg to treat chronic pain. However, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration, Vicodin is a Schedule III drug. Schedule III drugs affect users’ moods and may lead to severe physical and psychological dependence. Other Schedule III drugs include Anabolic steroids, Codeine, and Hydrocodone.
- A basic dose of Vicodin generally contains 5 mg of hydrocodone and 500 mg of acetaminophen. Adults are recommended to take 1 to 2 tablets at a time every 4 to 6 hours. The daily dose shouldn’t exceed 8 tablets.
- An individual’s step-up dose is made of 7.5 mg of hydrocodone and 750 mg of acetaminophen. It is a daily single-dose medication for adults. In general, it must be taken every 4 to 6 hours intervals. This shouldn’t exceed the 6 tablets limit per day mark.
- The highest dose of Vicodin contains 10 mg of hydrocodone and 300 mg of acetaminophen. Doctors recommend adults take one tablet at a time every 4 to 6 hours. The maximum limit is 6 tablets per day.
Effects of Vicodin 5-500 mg
Vicodin 5-500 mg tablets are intended to benefit people who are struggling with extreme chronic or acute pain that has become severe enough that other drugs and opioids do not work to relieve the pain. Hydrocodone works as a pain reliever, useful for managing multiple levels of pain in a similar way to Morphine. Additionally, Hydrocodone can be used as a cough suppressant similar to Codeine. Due to this reason people sometimes also buy Vicodin online as a cough suppressant.
Hydrocodone drug, as with other opioids, can be habit-forming, especially when used for a prolonged time. When an individual’s system is habituated to the drug, the effects of the same drug seem to be ineffective. The individual may try to misuse or abuse the drug.
When an individual misuses Vicodin 5-500 mg drugs, they take the substance at times or doses that do not follow their doctor’s guidelines. Vicodin misuse tens to increase the risk of addiction. However, even taking the medication as prescribed can lead to a substance use disorder in certain cases.
Sometimes, addiction can begin with a normal Vicodin prescription given by the doctor. An individual may continue to use the Vicodin 5-500 mg drug even when it is no longer needed to manage pain. Rather they use it to experience euphoric effects and relaxation. In some cases, an individual might also use Vicodin to self-medicate an untreated mental health issue including depression or anxiety.
Products Similar to Vicodin 5-500 mg
Vicodin is a specific brand name used by the manufacturer. Other brand names for medicines that contain hydrocodone and acetaminophen mixture include:
- Vicodin ES
- Vicodin HP
- Zolvit. etc.
At times the following medicines are also prescribed by the doctor as a replacement for Vicodin:
- Norco Tablets: It contains the same amounts of hydrocodone but a higher amount of acetaminophen.
- Percocet Tablets: It is a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone drugs.
- Tramadol Tablets: It has additional effects that make them different from most opioids. It is less addictive compared to Vicodin, though it still has the potential for abuse.
- Oxycodone Tablets: Oxycodone is another type of opioid that is used as a pain medication. Like hydrocodone, it is sometimes also combined with other drugs such as acetaminophen. It is considered to have a higher potential for abuse compared to Vicodin 5-500 mg pills.
- Lortab Pills: is another brand name for the combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone.
Interactions with Other Drugs
Several drugs should be avoided while using Vicodin 5-500 mg medicine due to adverse interactions. Vicodin medication should never be taken with alcohol, as it is also a CNS depressant and can increase its side effects, making it easier to overdose. Similarly, Vicodin should not be mixed with benzodiazepines (e.g; Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, Ativan, etc. ).
Vicodin 5-500 mg and other drugs that affect neurotransmitters in the brain should not be mixed together. Or else they must be closely monitored when mixed with:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs),
Vicodin 5-550 mg tablets are commonly combined with other addictive drugs when used for recreational purposes. While certain interactions are unknown, such as Adderall and Vicodin. Combining drugs in the absence of medical supervision can be dangerous. Many cases of drug overdose involve the use of more than one drug at a time.
360 pills, 180 pills, 90 pills