Methadone 10 mg
$538.00 – $1,514.00
Methadone is a prescription medication. It is a semi-synthetic opioid, which makes it a controlled substance classified under Schedule II controlled substance drugs. This means this drug has a risk of misuse and may cause dependence. The Methadone 10 mg oral tablets are used to manage moderate to severe pain due to surgery or severe accidents. This medicine is also used to manage opioid drug addiction. An individual addicted to opioids might be prescribed with a Methadone 10 mg or Methadone 5 mg tablet to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms.
|Variation||Price||Quantity||Add To Cart|
||Add to cart|
||Add to cart|
||Add to cart|
Generally, Methadone 10 mg medicine is only given when other short-term or non-opioid pain relief drugs are ineffective or intolerable. Methadone medication is supplied as an oral tablet, orally dispersible tablet, oral concentrated solution, and oral solution for public convenience. Methadone also comes in an intravenous (IV) form, which is only provided by an authorized healthcare provider.
The amount of Methadone medicine that an individual is prescribed depends on the strength of the medicine, the number of doses taken each day, and the time interval between successive doses. However, the duration of the medication will depend on the medical problem faced by the individual. Methadone 10 mg medicine is prohibited for children below the age of 18 years.
Oral dosage for pain relief:
- Adults using Methadone for the first time are prescribed 2.5 mg of Methadone in a day to be taken in 8 to 12 hours intervals.
Dosage for patients switching to Methadone:
- Consult with your concerned doctor to determine the exact dose of Methadone 10 mg. This dose should be taken every 8 or 12 hours.
For opioid addiction:
- 20 mg to 30 mg of Methadone is generally prescribed in a single dose per day. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per requirements. However, the dose must not exceed 40 mg per day. Never take a dose more than the prescribed dose.
When Methadone 10 mg is used to replace another opioid, it helps to lessen the harm accompanied by opioids. It also helps to minimize the effects of withdrawal and in this way, Methadone makes it easier for people to stop their harmful drugs slowly. Methadone 10 mg tablets can also be used to reduce feelings of pain by interrupting the nerve signals.
How to Use Methadone 10 mg Pills
- Methadone oral is taken by mouth whereas the (IV) injection is given in a vein of an individual.
- Measure the liquid or solution with the supplied measuring device only.
- Dissolve the dispersible tablet in water or any other non-alcoholic beverage. Stir and drink this mixture right away.
- Never try to crush a pill to inhale the powder or inject it into your vein. This could result in fatal consequences or even death.
- You should not discontinue using Methadone medicine suddenly. Rather consult with your doctor about tapering the medicine gradually.
- Always store the medicines at a room normal temperature, away from moisture, heat, and direct sunlight. Keep your medicine in a place out of children’s reach.
What Other Substances can Affect Methadone?
- Medicine for allergies, asthma, blood pressure, motion sickness, irritable bowel movement, or overactive bladder
- Other opioid medicines
- Benzodiazepine sedatives like Valium, Klonopin, or Xanax
- Sleep-promoting medicines, muscle relaxers, or other drugs that make you drowsy
- Drugs that can affect serotonin levels such as antidepressants, stimulants, or medicine for migraines or Parkinson’s disease.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Methadone
- Grapefruit may interact with Methadone medication and cause side effects. Avoid consuming grapefruit products during medication.
Avoid driving or doing hazardous activities until you realize how this medicine will affect your system. Dizziness or drowsiness can result in serious falls, accidents, or severe injuries.
Not every individual can be helped to remove from drug addiction with the Methadone 10 mg medicine. Due to its pronounced effects on the respiratory system, this drug is contraindicated for patients having:
- respiratory failure with severe shortness while breathing
- diagnosed with high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood (hypercapnia)
- asthma attacks
- hypersensitivity in the form of an allergic reaction
Alternatives to Methadone 10 mg
Both Methadone and Buprenorphine (Suboxone) are used to help treat opioid dependence or misuse effectively. Your concerned doctor might decide the best treatment option for you after analyzing your condition.
Every individual’s pain is unique and different pain-relief medicines can be used under different circumstances. If you have been prescribed Methadone 10 mg and are experiencing side effects, consult with your doctor about other ways that you may use to manage pain.
If you have chronic pain, your doctor might suggest lifestyle changes to help you manage the discomfort. This may include physical fitness and activity pacing, social activities, relaxation techniques, and overall health management.
360 pills, 180 pills, 90 pills