Ativan 1 mg
$533.00 – $1,507.00
Ativan medication is primarily indicated for managing anxiety disorders and short-term relief of anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms in adults. This medicine is classified under a class of psychoactive drugs known as benzodiazepine. Apart from its primary uses to treat anxiety disorders, Ativan is also used off-label for sleeping disorders (Insomnia), seizures (Status Epilepticus), and surgery. Ativan 1 mg tablet is sometimes also used to treat acute coronary syndrome arising due to cocaine use.
|Variation||Price||Quantity||Add To Cart|
|360 pills||$1,507.00||Add to cart|
|180 pills||$908.00||Add to cart|
|90 pills||$533.00||Add to cart|
Lorazepam drug is the primary constituent of Ativan. After using Ativan 1 mg tablet the commonly observed side effects are drowsiness, fatigue, low blood pressure, and difficulty in breathing. For those individuals suffering from severe depression and anxiety, Ativan medication is very effective. Using Ativan 1 mg pills for a longer duration can lead to habit formation and dependence.
In order to eliminate the chances of probable side effects, an individual should discuss with their doctor if they have any of these health conditions:
- History of glaucoma
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- An alcoholic or opioid abuser
- Allergic or hypersensitive to Ativan drug
- History of depression
- Episodes of seizures and epilepsy
- Asthma, liver or kidney disease
- Individuals younger than the age of 18 years
- Other medications and substances
How Ativan 1 mg works
The Ativan 1 mg tablet being a Benzodiazepine drug reduces nerve activity in the spinal cord and brain of an individual. It promotes the effects of neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid which promotes relaxation by binding with the GABA receptors in the brain. Thus it produces an effect of tranquility and sedation helping to suppress symptoms of anxiety and depression.
The Lorazepam drug in Ativan 1 mg starts to work around 20 to 30 minutes after ingesting the tablets. It reaches the peak blood plasma in about 2 to 3 hours. The half-life of lorazepam is determined to be 12 hours, meaning that the drug decreases by half concentration in the body after every 12 hours. Ativan 1 mg medication is primarily metabolized in the liver and leaves an individual’s system by excretion via urine and feces.
However. Ativan drug can be detected in blood, urine, saliva, and hair for several days after taking the medicine. So, it can be said that Ativan (Lorazepam) drug can stay in an individual’s system for a much longer time during treatment.
- Ativan can be detected in a urine sample for up to six days.
- For up to three days it can be found in blood samples.
- Lorazepam drug can be successfully detected in saliva for 8 hours.
- In a hair sample, Ativan can be tested positive for up to 30 days or even longer
Proper Dosage and Administration
If you have been using Ativan 1 mg medication regularly, do not stop taking the medication without consulting your concerned doctor. A gradual reduction of doses or tapering of doses is highly recommended under the supervision of an authorized doctor. Abruptly discontinuing this medication can lead to several withdrawal effects.
Ativan (Lorazepam) is commonly administered orally. For optimal results, the dose, frequency of administration, and the total duration of therapy should be personalized according to an individual’s response. To facilitate this, Ativan medication is supplied as Ativan 1 mg and Ativan 2 mg tablets on our BigpharmaUSA website.
- The usual adult dose is about 2 to 6 mg/day given in divided doses, but the daily dosage may vary from 1 to 10 mg/day depending on an individual’s health conditions.
- To treat anxiety symptoms, most patients require an initial dose of 2 to 3 mg/day given 2 to 3 times a day.
- For insomnia conditions due to anxiety, a single daily dose of 2 to 4 mg may be prescribed, usually before bedtime.
- For elderly patients, an initial dosage of 1 to 2 mg/day of Ativan may be recommended by the doctor.
The dosage of Ativan medicine should be increased gradually with a doctor’s consent. Only allow the doctor to make any changes to the prescription when needed.
Interactions With Ativan 1 mg Tablet
This medication is available under multiple brand names and in several different forms. Any specific brand name of Ativan may not be available in all of the supplied forms or approved for all individuals. As well as, some forms of Ativan medication may not be used to treat all the conditions. The possibility of a drug interaction is high with the followings:
- Antihistamines like cetirizine, chlorpheniramine, doxylamine, diphenhydramine, loratadine, etc.
- Antipsychotics (e.g., chlorpromazine, clozapine, haloperidol, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone)
- Benzodiazepines like alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam)
- Muscle relaxants including baclofen, cyclobenzaprine, methocarbamol, orphenadrine, tizanidine
- Methadone and Tramadol
- Narcotics or opioid medicines (Codeine, Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycodone), etc.
An individual should avoid using these medications and substances alongside Ativan 1 mg pills.
Alternatives of Ativan 1mg Tablets
- L. Pam 1 mg Tablet
- Lopez 1 mg Tablet
- Lorvan 1 mg Tablet
- Nirsan 1 mg Tablet
- Norpose 1 mg Tablet
360 pills, 180 pills, 90 pills