Showing all 2 results
Provigil is specified for the adults. This prescribed medication is used to treat the symptoms of severe sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and shift work sleep disorder. Provigil is the brand name of Modafinil and is available in a generic form. It belongs to a class of medications called stimulants CYP3AF.
Where To Buy Provigil Online?
Looking to buy Provigil online and not sure where to begin? We guide you to get Provigil.
Based on our experience and research, we have to guide to help you purchase Provigil from a safe and reliable online vendor right now.
- Our website provides 24/7 services for medicine delivery.
- You can get quick, and safe delivery at your doorstep.
- Your medicine is available at midnight at nearby locations.
- The payment system is easy than in other pharmacy stores.
- Customers get original medication from our site.
However, be sure to take the dosage your doctor prescribed.
How To Use?:
Read all the Medication Guides provided by your pharmacist or the doctor before you start using it and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions on side effects, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Typically, your doctor will start you on a low dosage and increase his dose as needed.
For narcolepsy: The doctor prescribes you to take this medication by mouth with or without food usually once daily in the morning.
For obstructive sleep apnea: Usually, the medication will be taken once daily in the morning. It takes this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor. Unless your doctor tells you to stop other therapy such as the CPAP machine, or mouth device, you should continue it.
The dosage is provided based on the medical condition of the patient and response to treatment. Take this medication regularly to get fast relief from it.
Provigil Side Effects:
Some unwanted undesirable effects are possibly related to a drug. Side effects can vary from minor problems to severe problems.
The following list contains some side effects that may occur while taking Provigil. The person may experience some of the side effects not including all possible side effects.
More Common Side Effects:
The more common side effects of Provigil can include:
- Feelings of nervousness
- Runny nose
- Upset stomach
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Back pain
- Chest pain
Some people may also experience less frequent side effects, such as:
- Rapid heartbeat
Serious Side Effects:
Serious side effects from Provigil aren’t common to all patients, but they can occur. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
Rarely, people who take Provigil may have an allergic reaction. Symptoms can include:
- Severe rash or hives
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of your lips, tongue, or face
- Rapid heartbeat
- Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, the patient has a severe rash within the first few weeks of taking it. Also, he or she feels vomiting and fever which may lead to problems with the liver, lungs, kidneys, and heart.
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if you feel life-threatening.
Missed Dose & OverDose:
You should not irregularly use the dose. If you forget to take this medication accidentally, take it as soon as you remember. It is very important to remember that Provigil will keep you awake, so don’t take it unless you plan to be awake for several hours. You should skip the missed dose If it’s close to your bedtime. Take it the next day at the fixed time.
If you take a double dose at a time, it can cause dangerous side effects.
Call your doctor right away, if you develop any severe impact on your health while taking Provigil. You need to stop taking the drug.
Some of the symptoms of Provigil overdose :
- Disorientation and confusion
- Nausea and diarrhea
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
Signs and Symptoms of Provigil Abuse:
Regular use of Provigil has a chance of increasing a patient’s dependency on it. However, cases of addiction are very rare. When this medication is used for a long time, it may not work, it needs to change.
some of the other typical signs of drug abuse, such as:
- Frequently trying to get a prescription for Provigil.
- Tell a lie about taking Provigil.
- Worrying about getting the next dose of Provigil.
- Experiencing uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms.
- Developing a tolerance.
- Continuing to abuse Provigil is harmful physically, emotionally, and socially.
Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well.
If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may have withdrawal symptoms (such as shaking, sweating, chills, nausea, vomiting, and confusion). To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your dose slowly. Withdrawal is more likely if you have used Provigil for a long time or in high doses. Tell your doctor or pharmacist right away if you have withdrawn it safely.
Some people may experience Provigil withdrawal symptoms like:
- Poor concentration
- Tiredness or fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Low energy
Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lower the risk of addiction. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Drug & Other Interactions:
Provigil can interact with several other medications. These interactions may be with certain supplements as well as certain foods.
Different interactions can cause different effects according to the health and mental condition of the patient. Some of the medication or food can interfere with how well a drug works, while others can cause increased side effects.
Below is a list of medications that can interact with Provigil. It can not list all drugs that may interact with Provigil.
Such medications include:
Antiviral medications such as:
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
Antifungal medications such as:
- Fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox, Onmel)
Antibiotic medications such as:
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin)
Heart medications such as:
- Amiodarone (Pacerone, Nexterone)
- Diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia XT, Diltzac, Taztia XT, Tiazac, others)
- Verapamil (Calan, Verelan)
Before taking Provigil, you should tell your doctor and pharmacist about all prescriptions, over-the-counter, and other drugs you take. Also tell them about any vitamins, herbs, and supplements you use and why you use them.
Provigil and herbs and supplements:
Provigil may interact with certain supplements or herbal products you may be taking. Examples of these include bitter orange, green tea, guarana, hordenine, Indian snakeroot, Octodrine, etc.
If you have questions about drug interactions that may affect you, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Taking Provigil with marijuana might affect your health. This might increase or decrease the effects and side effects of marijuana.
Coffee with Provigil:
Provigil with coffee can affect your mind and body. Until you know how this medication affects you, try to avoid or limit the use of caffeine while taking Provigil.
Alternatives Of Provigil:
All the patient’s body is not the same as the reaction to the medication. Some of the patients will give positive reactions after starting the dose and some will be late. But if you find any allergic reaction to the medication you may use several alternatives available in the market to replace Provigil by confirmation from the doctor. A few of them are:
- Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, ProCentra, Zenzedi)
- Amphetamine (Adzenys XR-ODT, Adzenys ER, Dyanavel XR, Evekeo)
- Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine salts)
- Armodafinil (Nuvigil)
- Sodium Oxybate (Xyrem)
- Methylphenidate (Aptensio XR, Concerta, Cotempla XR-ODT, Daytrana, Methylin, QuilliChew ER, Quillivant XR, Ritalin)
Warnings And Precautions:
Like every prescription drug, Provigil comes with warnings, precautions, and contraindications. Variety of circumstances in which the medication use should be avoided or very closely monitored. You should take some precautions while you use it.
- Mothers who are breastfeeding their children
- Pregnancy (a few small studies have shown birth defects in newborn babies)
- Before taking this drug, you should be aware of your Heart disease, and liver disease.
- Drug abuse/dependence
- Tell your doctor if you use birth control while you are taking Provigil / modafinil.
- Drug interactions with existing medications
- When starting the drug, you should notice its allergic reactions, skin rashes, and blood pressure.
- If the doctor prescribed it to you then tell him, if you had low blood pressure, low hemoglobin and liver diseases, heart disease, or any serious brain injury, in the past.
- Aged people over 60 years and children are more sensitive to the side effects of Provigil. You should never give them this medicine without asking a physician.
- For more information about the medication, ask your doctor.
- You can order different doses of Provigil online as prescribed by the doctor and get your medicine at your door.
Go to your doctor if you think you’re having a medical emergency. For more information on the possible side effects of Provigil, or tips on how to deal with a troubling side effect, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Provigil do to the brain?
Provigil is a medication that promotes wakefulness. This is a prescribed drug used for the treatment of excessive sleepiness caused due to narcolepsy. It works by altering the natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the brain to treat excessive sleepiness.
Is this drug habit forming?
After using some weeks, research suggests that Provigil may have some potential for addiction and abuse.
Are Provigil and modafinil the same or different?
Yes, they are the same. Provigil is the brand name whereas modafinil is the generic name of Provigil. A brand name can have a capital letter but the generic name is to be written in lowercase.
Is Provigil a narcotic?
Yes, Provigil can be considered a narcotic drug. Provigil is considered a schedule IV controlled substance. This medication is considered by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) due to its potential to be habit-forming.