Provigil 100 mg
$249.99 – $449.99
Provigil (also known as Modafinil) is a prescription medication indicated by medicians to improve wakefulness in adults suffering from sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), narcolepsy, and shift work. Provigil medicine belongs to a class of medications called stimulants that are known to act on the central nervous system (CNS) of an individual. It is sold as Provigil 100 mg and Provigil 200 mg oral tablets on our BigpharmaUSA website.
|Variation||Price||Quantity||Add To Cart|
||Add to cart|
||Add to cart|
||Add to cart|
Provigil 100 mg medicine is generally considered a first-choice medication prescribed by doctors to treat people suffering from conditions of excessive sleepiness due to narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and work shift.
The active ingredient in each Provigil 100 mg tablet is modafinil. Modafinil should only be used by adults who suffer from narcolepsy. Provigil is a controlled substance and is classified as a Schedule IV prescription drug. Thus it is accepted for its medical use but it may also cause physical or psychological dependence and may be abused frequently. The government has created special rules for how Schedule IV drugs can be prescribed by an authorized doctor and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.
Direction of use
Although Provigil 100 mg tablet helps to improve daytime sleepiness, people also buy Provigil to treat many other symptoms. Provigil medication is sometimes used off-label for:
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Weight loss
The Provigil dosage your doctor prescribes will depend on multiple factors. These factors will vary from one individual to another depending on:
- The types and severity of an individual’s health condition
- The individual’s age
- Past medical conditions and medications used
Always take the tablets exactly as your doctor advises you to. You may consult with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure about the dosage.
The recommended dose for adults over the age of 18 is 200 mg of Provigil once a day. This dose can be taken once daily in the morning or divided into 2 doses of 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at midday. Your concerned doctor may also decide to increase your daily dose up to 400 mg after accessing your reaction to Provigil.
Elderly Patients Dosage
- The recommended dose of Provigil for individuals over 65 years of age is 100 mg a day. The doctor may only increase your Provigil dose up to the maximum of 400 mg a day, provided that you do not have any liver or kidney ailments.
- Adults with severe kidney and liver problems are recommended a dose of 100 mg a day. Your doctor will evaluate your health conditions regularly to check that it is right for you.
Pharmacology of Provigil 100 mg
The Modafinil drug present in Provigil 100 mg pill works in the brain to increase amounts of certain chemical messengers such as dopamine. It also affects the messenger glutamate located in certain areas of the brain. These actions result in the stimulation of brain activities, which could make an individual feel less tired.
Provigil 10 mg medicine instantly begins to work within 30 to 60 minutes after taking the pill. If you take it with food, the effects of the Modafinil drug might be delayed an hour or more. Modafinil drug is well-absorbed while the peak plasma concentration is achieved approximately 2 to 4 hours after administration.
Modafinil drug is metabolized by the liver to its chief metabolite. Most of the drug is excreted through an individual’s urine or feces after metabolization. The effective elimination half-life of modafinil after multiple doses was observed to be about 15 hours.
Other Substances with Provigil
Provigil and certain other medicines can affect each other’s effect and your doctor may need to adjust the doses accordingly. Inform your concerned doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medication, including medicines obtained without prescription. The following substances are known to interact with Provigil 100 mg medicine:
- Provigil reduces the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives including contraceptive pills, implants, intrauterine devices (IUDs) and patches
- Antiviral medicines to treat HIV infection (e.g. indinavir or ritonavir)
- Medicines for epilepsy such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, or phenytoin
- Medicines for depression like amitriptyline, citalopram, or fluoxetine or anti-anxiety medicines like diazepam (Valium)
- Sedatives such as Xanax , Klonopin (clonazepam), Ativan (lorazepam), and Restoril, etc.
- Medicines for thinning the blood (e.g. warfarin)
- Alcohol and narcotic products
- MAO inhibitors, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), etc.
180 pills, 240 pills, 90 pills