Adderall XR 5 mg
$533.00 – $1,507.00
When we consider the extended-release forms of Adderall, the Adderall XR 5 mg is the smallest dose. It is very popular among children suffering from ADHD and narcolepsy. Stimulant medications like Adderall work by blocking the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine chemicals present in the brain. As a result, these drugs help boost neurotransmitters that improve the focus and alertness of an individual diagnosed with ADHD.
|Variation||Price||Quantity||Add To Cart|
|360 pills||$1,507.00||Add to cart|
|180 pills||$908.00||Add to cart|
|90 pills||$533.00||Add to cart|
Adderall XR 5 mg is approved for the treatment of ADHD and is prescribed to improve the focus and attention of the user, as well as help, manage behavioral issues in certain cases. Though it is prescribed to treat narcolepsy as well, it should not be used for daytime sleepiness.
Adderall medication is approved for adults and children over the age of 3 years. While Adderall XR is approved for adults and children over the age of 6 years only. So anyone in need of an Adderall medicine can order Adderall online from any of the trusted telemedicine providers.
- Children between 6 to 12 years old are recommended with a typical starting dose is 5 mg to 10 mg of Adderall XR 5 mg once daily. The authorized doctor might raise the dose if needed during the treatment. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 30 mg in a day.
- Teenagers ranging from 13 to 17 years are generally prescribed a typical starting dose is 10 mg once daily. After the first week, the dose of Adderall XR may be increased up to 20 mg.
- For adults, the typical starting dose is of 20 mg oral dose of Adderall once a day.
Other Available Variants
As we have already discussed the different forms of Adderall, we here at BigpharmaUSA supply the following variants that may suit an individual’s condition.
- Adderall 5 mg
- Adderall 10 mg
- Adderall 12.5 mg
- Adderall 15 mg
- Adderall 20 mg
- Adderall 30 mg
- Adderall XR 5 mg
- Adderall XR 10 mg
- Adderall XR 15 mg
- Adderall XR 20 mg
- Adderall XR 25 mg
- Adderall XR 30 mg
Difference Between IR and XR
Adderall extended-release medicine is very much similar to that of Adderall immediate-release tablets. A few major notable differences are that the IR form is available as tablets whereas the XR form of Adderall is sold as capsules. Apart from that, they vary in dosage an individual is prescribed.
- 5 mg to 40 mg of Adderall IR is prescribed once in the morning and then every 4 to 6 hours intervals otherwise as directed by the concerned doctor
- Only 5 mg to 30 mg of Adderall XR 5 mg is recommended once daily in the morning. As it is an extended-release form its effects will last longer.
Adderall XR 5 mg May Interact With:
- Gastrointestinal acidifying agents like ascorbic acid, fruit juice, guanethidine, reserpine, and vitamin C can lower the absorption of Adderall XR in the system.
- Adrenergic blockers, such as the blood pressure drugs doxazosin, and terazosin may not be effective.
- Adderall XR 5 mg can increase the potency of tricyclic antidepressants and lead to serious cardiovascular side effects.
- Antacids should be avoided as they can increase the absorption of Adderall drugs.
- Antihistamines tend to lose their sedative effects.
- Blood pressure medications may not work as well when combined with Adderall XR.
- Using phenobarbital or phenytoin with Adderall may induce an anticonvulsant effect.
- Any blood thinner medicine such as Warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven.
- Any cold or allergy medicine that may contain a decongestant.
- Opioid painkillers such as Oxycodone, Hydrocodone,
- Seizure medicine, etc.
Pregnancy and Adderall XR 5 mg
Adderall XR 5 mg might cause harm to your unborn baby, so let your concerned doctor know if you’re pregnant or planning to become a mother before using this medication. You should avoid Adderall XR during pregnancy. Taking Adderall medicine during pregnancy can lead to premature birth, low birth weight, or withdrawal symptoms in the newborn infant.
Caution for Breastfeeding Mothers
Adderall XR 5 mg medicine can pass into the mother’s breast milk and potentially cause harm to the newborn baby. Because of this, breastfeeding is generally not recommended when taking Adderall medication. Discuss the risk of breastfeeding with your doctor before starting the medication.
Stimulants for ADHD Treatment:
- Amphetamines that include Dyanavel XR, Adzenys ER, Adzenys XR-ODT, Evekeo, Evekeo ODT
- Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra
- Focalin, Focalin XR
- Ritalin, Concerta, Methylin, Metadate CD, Quillivant, etc.
Non-Stimulants for ADHD Treatment:
For the Treatment of Narcolepsy:
- Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra
- Evekeo (amphetamine)
- Provigil (modafinil)
- Ritalin, Concerta, Methylin
- Vyvanse, etc.
Storage and Disposal
Adderall XR 5 mg tablets can be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor and should be stored at room temperature. It should be stored away from heat, moisture, and direct sunlight. As with all other medications, keep it somewhere away from the reach of children.
Disposal of the remaining, unused, or expired Adderall XR 5 mg tablets is also important. It can be done at authorized collection sites such as retail pharmacies, hospitals, or clinic pharmacies. Otherwise, place the left-out medicines in a container or plastic wrap such as a sealed plastic bag and discard Adderall XR pills along with the household trash properly.
360 pills, 180 pills, 90 pills